June 04, 2011

one step forward, two steps back.. hop, skip, jump!

UPDATE: So I was not one of the 16 chosen to receive a Fellowship grant from Artist Trust. Oh well, at least I got my application submitted! It's still a success, I guess, because I learned from it.

I was just reading a blog by the program director of Fractured Atlas called The Day My Grant Proposal Died. Reminded me that I had almost the exact same thing happen to me on this project. I actually had about the same amount of the script completed as I do now about 2 years back but a sensor on my old computer's motherboard failed and ended up wiping out my hard drive so I quit for a year being too frustrated and heartbroken.. But the calling still rings in my ear!

I am however still in the running for the 4 Culture individual project based grant I applied for though that application was less impressive than my Fellowship one.. I got an update from the program director saying that the peer-panel reviews have been held and now their recommendations are being reviewed and approved by the Advisory Committee and Board of Directors and I will be notified of my status sometime after the 23rd of this month.. Fingers crossed

No comments:

Post a Comment