December 12, 2011

inspiration, move me brightly

  Just met with Cathy Sorbo the playwright & director and novelist, Andrew Ritzinger, who coincidentally lives in my building.. to talk about "Love Bomb" which I am auditioning for the role of Christina on Wednesday 12/14. Ah! Inspiration! It sounds like a very fun & interesting project for me to be involved in and it's so wonderful for me to meet other people in the theater community who are NOT from AraKus Productions BUT are manifesting their own stage productions in stages just ahead of where I'm going to be.

  You see, I figure I'm karmic-ally investing by being willing to act or be mutable in molding someone else's masterpiece then... Of course I thought I had a mutually beneficial arrangement with Jeremiah Johnson before I agreed & signed on to do the what ended up being a 1 1/2 year project "Aeterno Elementum" but now instead of paying any kind of attention/focus or offering some motivational support he is instead begun writing his next heavy metal opera with BJ Becker (my lead actor for the role of the Old Man and intended editor/co-playwright) collaborating.. kinda stole my thunder in more ways than one! (he's my supposed partner aka part time lover) Oh but this blog is about the creative process though you can't take drama out of the process of dramaturgy nor can you ever have too much experience, same as publicity!

  Have re-entrenched myself into the script a bit! Beginning to develop more depth to the characters, seeing them come to life more in my head and adding individual idiosyncracies so that I know them well enough to be able to write the additional scenes where the story sums up or skips and I don't have any Goethe written/translated dialogue to use as basic framework. I've been particularly successful in developing the Old Woman's character who I've decided is a distant ancestor of me and my mother only she's slightly crazier. She not only talks to herself but she does it when others are present as well as if she's vaguely aware that the audience is there and therefore sporadically narrates her inner dialogue for them breaking the 4th wall (looks into the camera) which confuses all of the other characters except her husband who is quietly well aware of the trans-dimensional bridge forged from their humble fairy tale. Essentially she's mildly OCD with schizo tendencies. The Prince is a closet narcissist which is why he's so melodramatic, all or nothing. Then as I might have mentioned previously the Will-o-the-Wisps are literally flaming as in pretty, and witty, and GAY! :D

  Ah! Just got a call from Simon Clark, my ex and will be stage & lighting director as he was for AE IV, of Stageworks Productions offering me a paid gig at some Robert DeNiro appearing event which is again precisely what I needed to get my confidence back up and ready to MANIFEST MAGICK ~ 

Ho! Mitakuye Oyasin... All my relations!

No comments:

Post a Comment